QUALIFICATIONS AND INSTRUCTIONS
1. Applicant must have been active in the performing arts during any of the four years of High School or more. This may include participation in extra-curricular activities such as community theatre, musical groups, dance companies, etc…
2. Applicant must have a grade point average of 2.5 or better
3. Applicant must fill out his/her portion of the application as completely as possible. Answer all questions carefully and thoughtfully.
4. Parent or Guardian must complete and sign the statement at the end of the application form.
5. A copy of current grades should accompany the completed application.
6. Two (2) letters of recommendation should also accompany the completed form:
• One (1) from a teacher and;
• One (1) from a member of the Community who is known to the applicant (employer, pastor, etc.) .
7. Completed applications must be returned to:
The Scott Valley Theater Company
P.O. Box 834
Etna, CA 96027
Carol Medrano was a resident of Siskiyou County and a promoter of Classical Music in the county. She served on the boards of both ‘Red Scarf Society’ and ‘Music by the Mountain.’ In her honor, Music by the Mountain has initiated this memorial scholarship for a student attending, or planning to attend, college as a music major in the areas of music performance or music education in the amount of $2,000.
For more information and to download the application, click on the file below.
Wolfgang & Anna Bossard Iten Memorial Scholarship Fund
Barbara Iten has established this fund support Etna Union High School students who are interested in pursuing a college degree in any of the following fields: Music, Education, Pre-medicine, Nursing, Radiology and Imaging. One award in the amount of $3,000.00
Candidates who meet all of the following criteria are eligible:
1. Origin: Etna Union High School
2. Level: Graduating High School Senior
3. GPA: Minimum 3.3 GPA
4. Destination: UC or CSU in California
5. Enrollment: Full-time
6. Field of Study: Pursuing a degree in Music, Education, Pre-medicine, Nursing, Radiology or Imaging.
7. Financial Need: will be used as a tie breaker between otherwise equal candidates
8. Additional Requirements: applicants must be well-rounded students. Examples include: employment, community service, extracurricular activities, athletics, tutoring, involvement in music, etc.
Also, applicants must be a resident of Scott Valley for four (4) years and have attended Etna Union High School for three (3) years.
The application is due March 1, 2018:
Download the application below and mail it to:
Humboldt Area Foundation
Attn: Craig Woods
363 Indianola Road
Bayside, CA 95524
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.