DESCRIPTION: The McConnell Foundation Scholars Program helps students seeking certificates, associate's degrees, and bachelor's degrees at qualified institutions of higher education. It provides recipients with a total financial award of up to $30,000 plus non-financial support such as mentoring and personal development opportunities.
REQUIREMENTS: Eligible applicants to The McConnell Foundation Scholars Program meet all of the following criteria. They:
1. are residents of, or attend high school or community college in, Modoc, Shasta, Siskiyou, Tehama or Trinity County; Big Valley High School District in Lassen County, or Klamath-Trinity Joint Unified School District in Humboldt County.
2. have Expected Family Contributions (EFC) of $8,600 or below.
3. will be entering a qualified college or university as a first-time freshman or transfer junior in fall of 2018. Students who are concurrently enrolled in high school and community college, such as those in the College Connection program, are considered incoming freshman for the purposes of this application.
4. will be full-time students.
5. will have graduated from high school, received a GED, or completed an alternative course of study such as home schooling before starting college.
6. will never have been convicted of a felony, or if they have been convicted, will have satisfied all the terms of their conviction including parole before submitting this application.
7. have not already completed a bachelor's degree.
8. are not related to any McConnell Foundation Board member, Program Services staff member, exempt employee, or current McConnell scholarship selection committee member.
9. will be entering a qualified institution as defined by The McConnell Foundation Scholars Program.
For more information visit their website by clicking on the link below
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.